Situated on the Southern Pacific Coast – one of the most desirable locations to own property in Costa Rica – Casa Bambú is a place of dramatic beauty and profound inspiration… a refuge for relaxation, reflection, and rejuvenation of mind, body, and soul… an oasis from which to share once-in-a-lifetime moments with those you love. Available for the first time on the market, this offering is the perfection of luxury living in a stunningly beautiful rainforest environment.
The House: Intriguing architectural lines and captivating interior design combine for an incomparable experience. Clean, contemporary and organized… yet comfortable, warm and oh-so-livable. Spaces flow seamlessly from indoors to out, for quintessential Costa Rican living.
Casa Bambú has been created and constructed by a talented husband/wife team (professional engineer/designer) and is crafted to meet their own exacting standards for the perfect tropical home.
The Visual Inspiration is drawn from three sources: the vaulted sky, the endless sea, and magnificent soaring bamboo. The great room features 24-ft. high ceilings and 14 ft. clear-opening accordion doors, echoing the expansive heavens and the horizon outside. From the front entry threshold, and throughout the house, eyes are drawn to the perfect union of infinity-edge pool and ocean and sky. Graceful giant bamboo culms dramatically span the interior from entry to oceanside.
Impeccable Design with Luxurious Details
A combination of “deco-metal” screened windows, plus operable screened doors & windows, are strategically placed on both the mountain and ocean sides of the great room. Perfectly positioned from floor to vaulted ceiling, these allow for constant airflow throughout the day and night – eliminating the need for large-scale and expensive air-conditioning. Ceiling fans in all indoor and outdoor living spaces augment the continual air movement.
The bedrooms are designed to flex either way – enjoy the natural airflow, or choose air-conditioned sleeping comfort. Screened openings in the connecting master bathrooms provide flow-through breezes when desired. An ingenious “louver” system in the upper bedrooms can be opened to capture the natural currents, or closed to seal for AC use.
Amazing, enchanting, spectacular, inviting… just a few of the words people have used to describe the unique feel of Casa Bambú. From the big-picture “wow” factor to the discovery of small delights, each and every facet has been carefully planned and executed. Beauty, balance and blending – these are the guiding principles for the finishes, furnishings, and décor of Casa Bambú.
• Wonderful Wood – Solid tropical cedar cabinetry, doors, and more – all “one-of-a-kind” custom designed and detailed exclusively for Casa Bambú.
• Expansive solid wood “tablia” (tongue & groove) ceilings throughout the entire house – inside and out.
• Magnificent Metal – Superior crafted deco windows, doors and railings for 3-D artistic security – custom designed exclusively for Casa Bambú.
• Stunning Stones – Exotic granite and onyx counter tops; rough-carved stone sinks; polish marble bowl sinks; pebble stone accents; entry portico, pool decking and column coverings in native coralina; white marble pool tiles; hot-tub tiles of Royal Veta stone; giant carved boulder soaking tub.
• Tasteful Tiles – Discriminating selections of texture, color, and dimension, combined to aesthetic perfection.
• Luminescent Lighting – Artistic fixtures, with size, shapes, and dimensions selected to complement specific areas. Custom designed ceramic wall sconces illuminate outdoor living areas, casting a glowing “butterfly” design in golden light.
• Stainless Steel appliances in kitchen, as well as outdoor BBQ grill
The Bedroom Suites:
• Custom designed and locally crafted solid wood furniture
• Native and exotic woods including Guapinol, Guanacaste, Mango, Teak, Tropical Cedar, Manglio
• King size beds (pillow-top mattresses), complimentary cabinets, night stands, mini-tables & stools
• Soothing color palettes and finishing touches, combining fabrics, paint selections, lighting, wall and 3-D art
The Area: Situated in the highly sought after Escaleras area in Dominical, the property’s location offers convenient access to the most popular destinations in the region. Only 4 minutes to the beautiful Poza Azul Waterfall, 8 minutes to the tranquil shores of Dominicalito beach; 10 minutes to the surf town of Dominical; 20 minutes to shopping in Uvita; 30 minutes to the finer Restaurant of Ojochal.
The Location & View: Better than beachfront! At 1,000 ft. elevation, breezes from the sea-by-day and the mountain-by-night provide consistent cool comfort. A sweeping panorama of the Pacific Ocean; spectacular sunset views 365 days per year; ever-changing white-water breakers stretching from the ancient lava-flow rocks of Dominicalito Bay to the islands of Manuel Antonio National Park.
More than 60 acres of ancient, pristine, and primary rain forest reserve, stretching to the top of the mountain, never to be touched. Enjoy unforgettable moments as you hike the nature trails and hear the echoes of a primordial world. There are not too many homes in the world that include access to a private nature reserve quite like this. Trees exceeding 30 ft. circumference and soaring more than 150 ft. tall… a 100 foot cascading waterfall… boundless birds including: Toucan, Aracari, Laughing Falcon, White Hawk, Swallow Tail Kite, Mealy Parrot, Orange-Chinned Parakeet, King Vulture, Oropendola, Trogan, myriads of hummingbirds, and the occasional Scarlet Macaw. The land is teeming wildlife and you can expect to witness species such as the White-Face Capuchin Monkey, Howler Monkey, Three-Toed Sloth, Kinkajou, Coati Mundi, Wooley Opossum, Anteater, Agouti, Whitetail Deer, Peccary, and the tracks of wild jungle cats…. Isn’t THIS what’s drawing you to Costa Rica in the first place?
If you are seeking an exclusive getaway in a setting that provides the best that Costa Rica has to offer, Casa Bambú delivers across the board. Professionals who’ve accomplished career goals are reaping the rewards of their labors. Ideal for those with discriminating taste, demanding of quality, yet are down-to-earth and want to enjoy life to its fullest, we highly encourage you to include Casa Bambú on your itinerary of luxury home tours in Costa Rica.