Unique opportunity to own one of the last large gorgeous lands in the area - 115 Acres Tinamastes ( Puntarenas, CR - 11909) Land Only
Epic ocean view sunsets
(506) 8703-1130 (Cell)
Request More Info
- Many buildable areas of pasture with ocean, mountain or jungle views
- Type: Farm and Ranch
- Style: Lot / Land
- Development Level: Land Only
- Lot Size: 115 acres
- MLS #: EB-DV-4578175
One of the best large properties in southern Costa Rica is coming on the market.
46 hectares (115 acres) of gorgeous forests, rivers, year-round springs, waterfalls, swimming hole, and over a dozen building areas, many with ocean views.
This property is ideal for a sustainable family homestead, intentional community, or wellness center.
Two rivers cross the property, with over 1 km of frontage and a gorgeous waterfall and refreshing swimming hole easily accessible from the best building areas. 4 year-round springs provide pristine water for organic agriculture, at an ideal elevation offering an exceptional growing climate. The land has been organic for many decades, with fertile soil ready to grow a wide range of vegetables and tropical fruits.
Located in Tinamastes, on a 2wd road, walking distance to the organic farmers' market, and within a 30 minute drive of several world-class waterfalls, some of the world's best surfing at Dominical beach, and dozens of healthful international restaurants. The area has a strong local community of Costa Ricans and expats, working together to create a more sustainable and resilient community, with an emphasis on organic, sustainable, natural building, renewable energy, and holistic health. Surrounded by dozens of projects focused on Permaculture and sustainability, with San Isidro del General as the perfect nearby town to get all needs and conveniences, without the busyness and crime of larger cities of northern Costa Rica. Quiet and safe area, away from the main road, ideal for families with children to play in nature.
Tinamastes and the Diamante Valley are recognized for their perfect climate, safe neighborhoods, broadly available organic food, and easy access to epic recreation at the nearby Diamante waterfall, Baru waterfall, Dominical beach, and a dozen other places to adventure outdoors. Located at ~500 meters (1700ft) above sea level, the property has cool mountain breezes coming from the nearby Pacific ocean, offering some of the more comfortable range of temperatures in Costa Rica, almost always ranging between 20-30 Celsius (65-85 Fahrenheit), great for easy living indoor and outdoor, without needing air conditioning.
The range of animals seen here is unparalleled, as the southern zone of Costa Rica is one of the more biodiverse locations on earth. The property borders the famous Paso de la Danta wildlife corridor, connecting the approximately 30 hectares of forest inside the property to the 82,000 hectare refuge for some of the most incredible animals. Some of the notable species seen on and near the property include: Monkeys, Sloths, Wild pigs, Wild cats, Pizotes, Agoutis, Iguanas, Anteaters, Blue Morpho butterflies, Toucans, Eagles, dozens of types of hummingbirds, and too many of other bird species to list, and of course at the beach turtles, dolphins, rays, whales and much more.
We originally found this property after a comprehensive review of all available options from Uvita to San Isidro, and considering over 100 options. The specifications we aimed to fill were quite optimistic, but we found it all in this land. Come feel this magical land and idyllic village, it's a truly special place on earth.
Asking Price: $1,300,000 USD
Property Size: 460,000 m2 |46 hectares |115 acres
- Over a dozen building locations, several with excellent ocean views.
- Pristine spring water from multiple year round springs.
- Several waterfalls, including one easily accessible from building areas. Over 1km of river including beautiful natural swimming hole.
- Peaceful ecologically thriving area, in a region with a great mix of foreigners and ticos. Well buffered from the main road, located just a kilometer down a 2wd road.
- A few minutes to the Tinamastes organic farmers' market, 22 minutes from the beach Dominical, and 25 minutes to San Isidro for shopping.
- Superior climate for growing the widest variety of fruits and vegetables. Neighbor is a master organic gardener with a wide variety of species offered.
- Best option in the area for raising children near other families preferring a more conscious and holistic education, safe area for kids to walk by themselves.
- Strong local community of ticos and expats working together, with an emphasis on organic, sustainable, natural building, renewable energy, and holistic health.
Information is deemed to be correct but not guaranteed.